Collaborating Online with Teams
Wondering how to continue communicating and collaborating effectively with your co-workers while you work at home?
Microsoft Teams allows you to create a collaborative work space where all the members of your work group can communicate and share files in one central location.
To get started setting up your team:
- Go to teams.office.com and log in with your Office 365 username and password.
- In the top right, click Join or create team.
To join a team, hover over the team’s box then click Join Team.
Note that if you can't find your team, you may have to search for it using the search box in the top right corner that appears on the Join or create team page.
If you want to create a new team, then click Create team in the Create a team box.
- Select a team type that is most appropriate to the team you are developing
- Fill out the appropriate details about your team, such as what the Team name will be, the team’s Sensitivity level, and whether you would like it to be Private or Public, then click Next to create your team.
- Add members to your team by adding their names or emails then click Add, then click Close. Note that there is a 5000 member limit for each team.
Once your team is created and members are added, you can chat, post messages and share and live edit files.
Learn More About Teams
- You can visit the Microsoft Teams website for helpful videos.
Want to stay updated with your team across all your devices? Download the Teams desktop or mobile app.
If you have any questions, please contact the Help Desk through by emailing email@example.com or call 215-383-2164 and press 1 for support.
Want to learn more about a specific tech topic? Have suggestions or feedback? Help us make our posts better by sending us your ideas at firstname.lastname@example.org.